Saturday, May 8, 2010

When I think I’m failing miserably…

Sometimes I feel like I’m failing miserably at this widowhood parenting, but then I am shown how my kids are turning out.

All 4 of my kids were with me in the temple for Stake Family Temple day last August. Someone told that that was an amazing thing. I just took it for granted, but I guess it’s not that way for everyone.

Mary is busy being a live in care taker for an elderly couple in my Branch.  She’s done this before, as she helped me with her father when he was an invalid.

 003

And here is Katie, weeding in the garden without complaining.

shovel antics 006

Here are Buddy and Patrick, cutting the grass, without  a fuss or complaining. 

gras cutting 001

And here are my…. my boys…um…Patrick is ramming a shovel through Buddy’s head….. Um…

shovel antics 005

Actually, I broke it this morning digging a hole.  For a tomato plant, okay?

shovel antics 001

What do you do with a broken Pink Shovel?  This one was the first of the Pink garden tools.

Buddy shows us what you do…

shovel antics 004

2 comments:

  1. ROFL!! Aah, the things my family does when I'm not there. hehe. Garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, things have changed so much...

    ReplyDelete